Embrace our support services. Get free personalized support when you need it most.
Here are just some of the reasons you might want to call a Quit Coach:
- You are a smoker trying to quit within the next month.
- You've already quit smoking, but could use some extra support.
- You are feeling strong cravings and worried you are on the verge of relapse.
- You would like to help a friend or family member quit smoking.
- You are a healthcare professional who wants to help your patients/clients.
When you first speak with a Quit Coach assistant, they will take your contact information and a brief smoking history. Next, if you're ready to set a quit date, you'll be scheduled for your first of 8 call backs with a Quit Coach. Here is what to expect:
Call #1: On your first scheduled call, your Quit Coach will:
- assess your readiness to quit;
- help you pick a quit date;
- help you build a quit plan that includes tips and tools to get you ready;
- discuss quit medications and explain your options.
Call #2: Your Quit Coach will call you about 2 days before your quit date to:
- review your quit plan and help you address difficult situations that might trip you up;
- check in to see how you’re feeling about your quit date;
- reinforce your decision to quit on your chosen date.
Call #3: On your scheduled quit date, your Quit Coach will call to:
- see how you are doing and how the quitting medications are working (if you are using them);
- review quitting tips and ways to deal with tough situations;
- answer any extra questions you might have.
Call #4: Your Quit Coach will call you a couple of days after your quit date to:
- check on your progress;
- review the challenges;
- reinforce your reasons for quitting;
- help you with new coping strategies;
- help you get back on track if you’ve had a slip.
Call #5, #6 & #7: Your Quit Coach will make a call seven days, 30-days and 90-days after your quit date to:
- see how you are doing and provide support as needed;
- help you plan for your tobacco-free future.
While this is your final scheduled call, your QuitCoach will invite you to call back at any time if you experience any difficulties.
Follow up call: Several months after our last conversation we'll follow up to check in, see how you are doing, and ask you to complete a short survey about your experience -- which helps us evaluate our service and improve it for the future.