Making it easier to support patients/clients who use tobacco
QuitNow offers an effective way to support your patients/clients to quit. It's called our Referral Program. The program is based on clinical guidelines which recommend the 5As approach to addressing tobacco use with clients/patients who use tobacco. The 5As are:
1. Ask about their tobacco use
2. Advise them to Quit
3. Assess for willingness to quit
4. Assist in a quit attempt
5. Arrange for follow-up
How we help you
You Ask and Advise your patient/client.
We Assess, Assist and Arrange quit smoking support.
The Referral Program makes it easy to refer patients/clients to our phone support service. Using our phone service the patient or client will speak with a trained quit expert. The trained expert will:
- Assess the patient/client's willingness to quit smoking.
- Assist the patient/client to develop a quit plan and identify appropriate quit supports.
- Arrange for follow up support.
- Follow up with you and provide a patient/client progress report.