Text support FAQ
- After you join our text service, we'll send you a text message asking you to text back 'ACCEPT' for your messages to start.
Depending on your quit date, your text messages will start immediately after you reply. You will receive messages for two weeks before your quit date and then for three months after your quit date.
NOTE: If you have set your Quit Date for more than two weeks in the future, there will be a delay in your messages starting.
Registered online? Click the link in your confirmation email to ACTIVATE your account.
Haven’t received any TXT messages? Please report the problem to email@example.com.
- It's a 3 month program, and you will receive messages tailored to your past or future quit date. Learn more.
Before your quit date: you will receive up to 2 messages per day for two weeks prior to your Quit Date to help you prepare (up to 22 messages);
During the first month of your quit: you will receive on average 2 messages per day for the first three weeks of your quit and 1 msg/per day for the fourth week of your quit (up to 60 messages)
After one month of your quit: you will receive 2 messages per week for two months to help you avoid slips and stay on track (up to 16 messages)
If you get a craving or have a slip: TXT to 654321 the following key words:
ALCOHOL / CRAVE / HUNGER / SLIP / STRESS.
Txt INFO for program details.
- Become a quit centre member and then you can register for text support from your personal homepage.
When you join online here's what will happen:
- Once you join, you'll land on your My Quit Centre homepage. You'll be asked to set a quit date under 'Tell us about yourself'.
- Sign up for texts under My Services and enter your cell number.
- You'll be sent a text message asking you to text back ACCEPT to start receiving messages to your cell.
- Join by mobile phone by texting ‘QUITNOW’ to 654321Join by mobile phone by texting ‘QUITNOW’ to 654321 and 2 things will happen:
- You will be prompted to TXT back your Quit Date
- TXT back the word ‘ACCEPT’ and you'll start receiving text messages
Note: This service is available at no cost to you, but standard message and data rates may apply, including global roaming charges if you travel outside the country. Check with your mobile provider.
Haven’t received any TXT messages? Have questions or feedback?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cravings can be worse in certain situations. With our text service, you can receive tailored messages anytime to get you through the tough spots.
Text these key words to 654321 anytime to receive extra supportive messages:
ALCOHOL / CRAVE / HUNGER / SLIP / STRESS /.
Text INFO for program details.
Need more help? Call our free phone support service at 1-877-455-2233 toll-free for help from a trained quit coach.
- You can text STOP to 654321 to opt out and no further texts will be sent to you.
Want to start text message support again in future?
Text CHANGE to 654321 and you will be prompted to text back a new Quit Date.
If you’re an online member, you can also set a new quit date from your My Quit Centre homepage under My Services.
Need extra support to get back on track?
Call our phone service at 1-877-455-2233 toll-free for help from a trained quit expert.