QuitNow BC British Columbia Lung Association

• Author
  • Topic
Melanie

39 Days Smoke Free!

January 21, 2012

Hi everyone!

I'm pretty proud that I have managed to now go 39 days smoke free! I saw a new doctor yesterday and when he asked that I smoked, I couldn't believe that I actually said "NO" after almost 20 years! My skin is so much better, my cough (which was totally chronic, especially in the mornings) is completely gone and I have so much more breath when I run and do my spin classes! It hasn't been easy and I definitely have moments of cravings but try to breath deep, throw some gum in my mouth or drink water. Plus, I really need to exercise EVERY day or else I can feel myself getting really anxious. Thanks to everyone for your support thus far and good luck with your quits, especially those in their first few days! We can all do this! And make sure you treat yourself to something with the money that you've been saving...I spent three hours at the spa last weekend and it makes it all worthwhile. Melanie

• Suzie
    2 years ago #

Hello Team, it is 21 days for me and today has been a bit of a struggle but I just go look in the mirror and see how much my complection has improved or look at my feet and they are pink. I am 57 and I have always been active and never really experienced health issues but now I think I just didn't want to acknowledge that my feet and hands were cold and my skin sometimes looked quite mottled...duh lack of oxegen, oh well now that I am not lying to myself any longer I can see my health risks and realize the benefits of not smoking at the same time. I also have kept it to myself except for a few close friends and my partner, these are my support team on the home front and you guys are here to tell me your progress and story....Thank you again for being here. Suzie

• Melanie
      2 years ago #

Hi Suzie

21 days is awesome...! Week 3 is tricky for some reason...I found it that way too.

The skin thing is amazing isn't it?!

One day at a time! Melanie

• Melanie
      2 years ago #

Hi Suzie

21 days is awesome...! Week 3 is tricky for some reason...I found it that way too.

The skin thing is amazing isn't it?!

One day at a time! Melanie

• Vicki
        2 years ago #

Awesome !!!! Way to GO.. Keep up your quit !!!!!